Sunday, October 3, 2010

Your story

Dear Laura,
Well, it's about that time! What time you ask? Time to tell your story. It's October and it's getting close to your big 1st birthday so I fiugred it was about time. So from now til your birthday, I will be adding bits and pieces of your story everyday...starting from the beginning....
On March 11,2010, me and mommy were driving to the doctor's office. We were going to appointments for Nunu and Brother. When we were almost there, Mommy started dropping "hints" that she thought she might be pregnant without actually coming out and saying it. So I finally asked her if she thought she might be pregnant and she said yes. I was soooo excited! I didn't want Brother to be the last baby of our family. I wanted more little siblings....especially a little sister. Because, well, I just didn't have one. I had it bad, Laura. I started putting brother's hair in pigtails :p haha Well, yeah, you get the point. Anyway, on our way home from the doctor's appointment, we stopped at Target to get some stuff. While we were there, mommy got a pregnancy test. Daddy was at work, but when we got home Mommy could not wait to take the test, and well, neither could I. So she took it. I sat on the bed and I was so nervous. 5 minutes seemed like an hour. She finally came out the bathroom with a smile on her face. I asked her if she was pregnant and she said yes! Wooo hooo! I was sooo happy Laura!!








When Daddy came home from work, he came upstairs. He was sooo excited as well! And so was Bubba! Nunu and Brother were excited too even though they didn't quite understand :) We were living with Grandma and grandpa at the time so we knew we needed to tell them....But we didn't know how. So we decided that I would tell them. I walked downstairs with the test in hand. I put it in front of Grandma's face but she had to get her glasses to fully see what it was. She started smiling and then she had to explain to Grandpa what is was because he didn't have his glasses on either :p


We went through Brother's second birthday and Easter with Mommy feeling pretty good because the morning sickness hadn't kicked in....yet. Which kind of worried us at first because normally she gets sicks right around when she finds out she's pregnant, but that wasn't the case this time. It was nice to enjoy her pregnancy though and for her to not feel sick. The picture above was taken on Easter. You were in that picture with us...You just were about the size of a grain of rice :)

We got to hear your heartbeat and "see" you through ultrasound! Everything looked great and we were sooo happy. This ultrasound picture above was taken when Mommy was 9 weeks along. You were soooo teeny. Mommy felt good enough on Mother's Day to have a celebration at the park. You can see you a tiny little bit! See? Isn't her tummy so cute? You were in there!

Mommy's morning sickness kicked in before we knew it and she gets morning sickness really bad :( She was almost completely bed ridden for about 3 months. It was hard to see Mommy sick but she always says that it's worth it because she gets a baby out of it! :) She ate a tonnnnn of Preggy Pops and it was the only thing that helped her feel a little bit better. She ate a bucket load of those things. By the end of her morning sickness, she couldn't stand the sight of them haha We had a crazy time with morning sickness. Mommy was pretty much bedridden so it was pretty much just me, Nunu, and brother during the day. It was crazy but you were sooo worth it :) Me and Grandma worked on taking care of you and Mommy while Daddy was at work. We made sure she ate lots of fruit :) We prayed alot for you and Mommy because we wanted you to be healthy! All of Mommy's appointments were going good so we thought we had nothing to worry about. But little did we know things were about to change.

More tomorrow, sweetie!

I love you to the moon and back 1,000 times x 10!


Love,


Sissy

3 comments:

Patti said...

yaaaaaaaay!! I've been waiting to hear this story!! can't wait to hear more !!:)

The Sanchez Family said...

What an amazing big sister you are to Laura! I'm soooo happy to have found your blog!!!! Amazing! I have 4 kiddos (3 boys and a newly adopted little girl). My youngest Joaquin has DS and he is 2 1/2 and Sofia has DS and is 18 months old...we've had her home now for 3 1/2 months!

Elissa said...

I've been working on ours too. One and a half parts are posted :-)