August of '09 was pretty much just another month of us playing the waiting game :) Nothing eventful happened. Mommy had her usual appointments with the OB, but everything looked good :) So August was a good month for us....a month to take a breath :)

A month to celebrate summer, friends, birthday dinners with family, and all the good things of the season.
2 months til your birth.....and we enjoyed feeling you kick around and move in Mommy's tummy. Honestly, I wish I would have bonded more with you than I did while Mommy was pregnant. But....I was scared. Scared that I would get attached to you and then you would leave me. Don't get me wrong, Baby girl, I loved you soooo much. And that's why I was scared. Scared to lose you. It had NOTHING to do with your Down syndrome. I promise. I just had a hard time dealing with all of the emotions I guess. Especially because we read on the internet that only 25% of babies with Down syndrome make it to birth. But things continued to get better during Mommy's pregnancy and alot easier too.I love you to the moon and back 1,000 times x 10!
Love,
Sissy

1 comment:
You look so much like your mom!!! I love your posts. You have a maturity well beyond your years! Laura is so lucky to have you, and I hope to still follow your blog when you adopt your own baby with DS!
Post a Comment