Dear Laura,
In honor of 31 for 21, I am going to write about the 21 things I love about you or things that I want you to know. Hmmm it might be hard to just think of 21 but here goes.....
1. I know this is such a typical response, but I LOVE your smile. It could light up a room. Sometimes I'll just look at you, and you give me your sweetest little "I love you" smile. It's the cutest thing in the world.
2. I love how petite you are. When you were born, you were 7 lbs. 8 oz. But from then on out, you have been tiny. Everyone always used to ask if you were premature.
3. After your open heart surgery, they tested your blood level. A perfect blood level is -7. All the doctors and nurses said that out of all the years that they have worked at the hospital, they have never seen a -7 with any of their patients. But low and behold, your blood level was -7. I told you that you were perfect ;)
4. I am in love with your eyes. I don't know what it is about them, but they are beautiful. Just typical gray eyes, but I see much more. I see beauty and love.
5. I love that you love music. You dance like it's nobody's business! It's the cutest thing ever. Ever since I was little, I have loved music, singing, and dancing. I dance like a total white girl, but I love it anyway :p So I'm glad that you do too!
6. The first time that I got to hold you was when you were exactly 1 week old. Because of the goofy swine flu going around, I could not go in the NICU. After you were born, the only one that got to hold you was mommy and daddy. And the first time I held you? It was love.....
7. I love you so much that sometimes it makes me all emotional. Ever since you were born, I would look at you and the way that you moved your hands and everything was so sweet. It almost made me cry.
8. The moment they took you back to have open heart surgery was the hardest time of my life. I felt like I was saying goodbye to you because in my mind I knew that it could be goodbye. Those first 3 months that you were in my life felt like forever. You were apart of me and I couldn't imagine losing you. I kissed you before Mommy and Daddy took you back, then I cried. Little did I know that God had greater plans for you! He was holding you in his hands the whole time.
9. After you were born, you had an echo done on your heart. The nurse told Mommy that you did not have a heart defect after all because she read the papers wrong. Mommy called us and told us that you didn't have a heart defect anymore and we were sooo excited! Then the doctor went in and told Mommy that actually you did have a heart defect, and then Mommy called me and told me. I cried for an hour straight, and I prayed. Little did I know then that there were no need for tears. You were going to be ok.
10. I love how you pat things. You pat the computer desk, your mouth(like a little indian), your tummy, anything! And when we pat your back, you'll pat ours. Like you're trying to comfort us. It's the cutest little thing!
11. When you were born, you had the orangest hair. We were shocked because none of us had orange-y hair. But it was so cute! Now your hair is more of a strawberry blonde, but people still comment all the time about your orange hair :)
12. I have never been in love with anyone as much as I am in love with you.
13. In a family full of boys, you are the one thing that keeps me and Mommy sane.
14. I have been hoping and praying for you since I was 8. God had me wait so long because he needed alot of time to create you....because you are perfect! :)
15. You have always had teeny feet. When you were 3 months old, we put your feet up to Brother's foot plack from when he was 3 weeks old and your feet were smaller!
16. You are almost a year old, and you just got out of newborn shoes. 0-6 week shoes fit you forever.
17. I have always felt alot of emotions, but never really cried a whole lot. But ever since we found out about your diagnosis, it has changed me. Mommy used to joke with me and say that I had no feelings because I would never cry at sad movies or anything...but now? Now, it's a different story.
18. I love to cuddle with you. You are such a cuddlebug and I love to cuddle so we go perfect together :)
19. I want you to stay close to Jesus no matter what may happen in your life. Life gets hard, sometimes it's like a roller coaster. But turning away from God does not help one little bit! It makes things worse because you do not have God there for you...to hold you and protect you.
20. Your first 3 months of your life, you absolutely refused to nurse! So we gave you expressed breast milk. But right after your heart surgery, you started nursing and have been doing so ever since!
21. Besides giving my life to God, you are the best thing that's ever happened to me
I love you to the moon and back 1,000 times x 10!
Love,
Sissy







5 comments:
we love the pics and the post :) shes such a doll! love, patti and kenz
Thank you!
Hey, Kenz, I was just thinking about texting you haha Hi :)
addison's feet are super tiny too...newborn shoes are still quite large on her....love the pics and the post!
absolutely beautiful! #10 is my favorite...my little Maggie does the same!
I love how much you love you sister!
Post a Comment