I can't believe that this picture was taken almost 9 months ago. It seems like just yesterday that mommy woke me up telling me she was having contractions. And when we arrived at the hospital to find out that mommy was already dialated 7 cm. My heart dropped because I knew that this was the moment we would find out. Find out if the doctors were right. We were told that you would be blue and probably wouldn't cry. That scared us. We have never witnessed a baby being born blue. But yet, when you were born, you were perfectly pink and screaming. Woo your lungs sure did work! :) I started crying like a baby saying, "She's pink! Dad, she's pink!" I knew that God let us have that moment. To let us know that you were going to be okay. When I went to tell the others that you had arrived, I met Aunt Joely and Grandpa in the hallway. I told Aunt Joely that you were pink, and we couldn't hold back our excitement. We stood there in the hallway of the hospital, holding eachother and sobbing. Sobbing tears of joy. After all the months of waiting, we finally had peace knowing that you were going to be alright. I just can't believe it's been almost 9 months since that time. It seems like just yesterday. When you turn one, I will write to you all about your birth...through my eyes :) I love you so much, sweetie. Forever and always
Love,
Sissy
4 comments:
Ooooooh, you made me cry Ashley. So sweet, I can't wait to hear Laura's birth story in full! Hey, do you mind if I give a little plug for your blog on mine? Send me a photo of Laura if you want, and I'll post it as well!
What a beautiful blog. You're an amazing sister. Laura is such a precious angel.
Re- Of course you can share my poem. Thank you for asking:)
Thank you! :)
Okay thank you so much for letting me use the poem. It's beautiful :)
fav post right here!!! :) so precious.
Post a Comment