Friday, July 23, 2010

Did you know....


that you were named after Grandma? When Mommy and Daddy found out that you were a girl, they immediately knew that they wanted to name you Laura because of Grandma. Then after we had the first name picked out, we obvioulsy needed a middle name! So, to my surprise and excitement, Mommy and Daddy told me that since I had been wanting a little sissy for so long, that I could choose your middle name! Mommy suggested to me Laura Ashley, but I wanted something different(and plus that is the name of a bedding brand). So I thought and thought....and finally came up with Laura Brianne. I thought it sounded absolutely beautiful together! :) So just for fun...here are some facts about your first and middle name.

Laura
The meaning of the name Laura is Laurel
The origin of the name Laura is Latin
Notes: Laura Ingalls Wilder, author. Laura Nyro, singer. Laura Bush, U.S. first lady. Laura Linney, actress. "Laura" film title.

Brianne
The meaning of the name Brianne is High, Noble
The origin of the name Brianne is American


From the time you were born, your name has fit you beautifully. A beautiful name for a more than beautiful little girl! I love you, my little Laura :)

Love,
Sissy

2 comments:

Patti said...

That is so sweet! I love the name Laura- it is sooo pretty and traditional. I love that they let you pick her middle name, what a wonderful idea! She is as beautiful as her name:) I love that picture of her too- that one needs to be framed!

Kenzie Rice said...

oh gosh..what a sweeet picture!:) i agree w my mom..frame it for ur grandma:) and i love brianne with laura..such a feminine name!