You are getting so big. You weigh almost 17 pounds now! It seems like not too long ago that I was praying that you would get out of the 9s and into the 10s ;) And well, like promised, when it gets closer to your first birthday, I will write your story. I'm excited to do it :) It'll be nice to see how far you have come....how far our whole family has come since then.
You are getting sooo close to sitting up. Your therapist, Breanna, was here not too long ago and she said that you are getting so close! I don't care that you "should" be crawling or anything right now. I am proud of your accomplishments! And I know that you are on your own track and that's what matters :)
You have such a personality and such a sense of humor that I am convinced that you got from Bubba! You have been doing such silly things lately like sticking your bottom lip out at us and shaking. Sometimes, if we do it to you, you'll do it back. You look like you are mad at us or frsutrated but you are just being silly! Also, you pat everything. Yes, pat! You will pat your stomach, your jumpy, anything! You even pat Mommy's back when she is holding you as if you are trying to comfort her ;) It's so cute!

The other night, you fell asleep on the floor like this haha I'm not sure why, but it looks pretty cute if you ask me!
Today, you had your ENT appointment. You went 3 months ago, but had to go back because your hearing test didn't come back that good and you had alot of fluid in your ears. Last time we went to your regular doctor, the Dr. could not see any fluid in your ears through the little ear scope thingy. And he said that your ear canals weren't curved like they used to be(praise God!). Curved ear canals are very, very common in people with DS so we were happy to hear that they were not curved anymore. Anyway, because of the way your last ear test looked, they thought that you would need tubes.
Well, we prayed that things would be different, and our sweet doctor came to us bearing good news! He said that your last test didn't look that bad(like they told us it was when you had it). He looked at your ears and he could see through(which means that your ear canals are still straight!). He said that he could not see any fluid. But he said that it could be because you just got off of your ear infection meds. Or he said it could be because you are just growing out of it which is what we're hoping is the case.
He gave us 2 options. Either wait 3 months and see what's going on then or get tubes which you would have to have replaced in about 9 months. It's a quick and simple procedure but they would have to put you to sleep which we don't want... :( He said that he didn't think you needed tubes right now because you haven't been getting regular ear infections or anything. So no tubes for you as of now! Yay :D So in 3 months you will go back and have another ear test and we will be praying that that one comes out better than good! I love you, sweetie bug, and I am so happy that you are healthy and well :)
I love you to the moon and back 1,000 times x 10!
Love,
Sissy







2 comments:
She is beautiful! I love the sleeping on the floor picture :-)
Oh, she is just the sweetest thing! I love pictures of her :)
Thats great news about her ears!! Russell didnt pass his last hearing test and we retest in Dec, I have my fingers crossed all goes well and he wont need tubes!
Post a Comment