Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Busy bee

Dear Laura,
You have been a busy little girl lately(along with the rest of our family). Maybe that's part of the reason I haven't sat down and wrote you a letter in a while :( I'm sorry, sweetie bug! Anyway, on the 13th, we went to the beach with Auntie Brenda, Sierra, Shauna, Ivan, Mark, Bubba, Nunu, Brother, Mommy, Corey, and Deija :) It was kind of a spur of the moment thing, but we had soo much fun....even though it was like -5,000 degrees there(okay, maybe it wasn't THAT cold...)
As you can tell from the below picture, you were not too happy with the temperature. In fact, mommy could not take your blanket off without you screaming....my poor baby :(See?But then after a while, you figured it wasn't so bad I suppose because you finally calmed down and enjoyed the scenery :) I even got to sneak in a picture with you at the end of the day....aren't you beautiful? And the sunset isn't so bad either :) (I look absolutely horrid here though....my hair and ocean air don't go well together) And as usual, you charmed everyone with your gorgeous little smile...
I mean, who wouldn't just melt looking at this face?!
Then, the very next day, Auntie Brenda, Sierra, Shauna, Mark, and Ivan came down so I could take Sierra and Mark's pictures. Uncle Gary couldn't come because he had to work... :( After we took our pictures, we went back home and had yummy Korean food and homemade donuts :) And of course, gave you a ton of attention. Especially Mark. That boy is totally in love with you, and who could blame him? :)
The next day after church, we went and hung out at Aunt Joely and Uncle Ricky's house. And of course I had my camera handy, and I caught this cute little picture of you. I loveeeeee youuuu soooo much!
When we haven't been out and about, we've been relaxing at home.... :)
On Thursday, you had your 9 month check-up. You weighed in at 14 lbs. 13 oz.! Last time, you weighed in at 11 lbs. 8 oz. You're getting to be such a big girl! :) You had to get a shot, but you did sooo good, and only cried a little!
Then, when we were at Target one day, Mommy bought you Mum Mums. Don't ask me what in the world a Mum Mum is but I know it's for babies and it's edible....and I'm not quite sure if you liked it or not...what do you think?
This past Friday, we went up to Auntie Brenda and Uncle Gary's house to celebrate Sierra's 20th birthday! While I was getting ready, Mommy pushed you into the bathroom in a laundry basket! You looked so silly in there so I had to take a picture. I know you can't tell by your face, but you so totally loved it :) Nunu pushed you around forever in there.
You being your cute little self at Auntie Brenda and Uncle Gary's. Something happened there though that made me really sad.... :( This young guy showed up to the party....as soon as he walked in, he was talking to you and holding your hands. As soon as Daddy told him you had DS, he didn't talk to you after that or anything. Why do people have to be so cruel, baby? It's upsets me so much.... But no matter what they think or say, I think you are the most beautiful thing this side of heaven :)
See? Who wouldn't love this face? This smile? This laugh? I think it's perfect. You're perfect.....and Jesus thinks so too....that's all that matters, baby girl :)
I love your laugh....I love when you are happy
On Saturday, we went to Sea World for Grandma's birthday! We had soooo much fun!
You were waving at the Otters here. Otters are Daddy's favorite animals :)
I just can't get over how beautiful you are, sweet angel. When I get married, I want to adopt a little girl with DS. And Laura will be her middle name. You can be sure of that. (Wait, how did I get off track? haha)
Anyway, at the end of the night, we went to the Shamu Rocks show. They were filming different people in the audience and putting them on the big screen. Mommy was holding you up hoping they would film you. Cousin Corey was standing behind you, pointing at you saying something along the lines of "Baby! Get the Baby!" It was really cute :)
Too many adventures for one little girl. I suppose 14 hours of Sea World was enough for you.....
I took this picture tonight. Mommy stuck you in here backwards so I was taking pictures trying to get a good shot of it and I caught this silly picture of you...are you adorable or what??
Oh, how I love you, darling, and I am so glad that we get to experience everything with you. It makes life so much more enjoyable. You make it so much more exciting. I love you so so so much. To the moon and back 1,000 times x 10!

Love,
Sissy

4 comments:

Kenzie Rice said...

i love all the pictures and the sweet words to your precious sis :) that breaks my heart about that guy at the party tho..how dare he! it's fascinating to me how people can instantly act a different way once they find out a person has special needs! it's..ridiculous and rude. i'm sorry he did that :( laura is simply perfect and beautiful no matter what anyone says. love you ash! :)

Patti said...

OOOOOH i love all these pictures! I've been missing my little Laura bug, I''m glad you had fun being busy, but even more glad that you posted all the photos of your fun times! Laura gets cuter and cuter, I can't wait to meet that sweetie! we have to get this buddy walk figured out! I love that blanket at the beach- it looks SO soft and snuggly. I'm going to have to go buy some Mum Mums for Lils!!

Ashley said...

Thank you, Kenz!...yeah it breaks my heart too :( But I agree...Laura is beautiful and perfect, just like Lily :) Love you too!

Thank you, Patti! I am so anxious to meet Lily and the rest of your family. We definately need to get something figured out! :) That blanket is so soft and snuggly! And cute too :)

Ashley said...

P.S. let me know if she likes the Mum Mums :)