*I think I figured out the News Feed problem, so hopefully all of our followers can see this! If you comment, please let me know if this came up on your feed or not :) *
Dear Laura,I am so sorry for the lack of letters lately. Life has been crazy lately for me. I have been on an emotional roller coaster these past two weeks, but I shouldn't have let that get in the way of my letters to you and Auttie :) So, I am very sorry. Anyway.....
You have been getting so big lately, and everyday you amaze me with the new things that you are doing and learning. Next month, you will turn 2. I can't believe it! Where, oh where, did the time go, sweet girl?
It seems like just a few short months ago that you were lying in a little bed in the hospital in the NICU, so tiny and fragile. It seems like only weeks ago that you were lying in a hospital bed, a big incision freshly cut on your tiny chest. Time flies by so fast. 2 years. 2 years since my life forever changed. 2 years since I set eyes on the most beautiful baby I have ever seen in my life. 2 years since you changed my perspective about Down syndrome. 2 years since I saw your face for the first time, and knew right away that you had Down syndrome, yet didn't care at all because you were here.....and you were alive.
Last night, I babysat you, Nunna, and Brother while Mommy and Daddy went out for their anniversary. I ran upstairs to give you a bath. Me and you laughed and talked as music played from the radio in the background. I bathed you, and took you out of the tub. The song "Never Alone" by BarlowGirl came on the radio as I set you on the bed to dry you off. I took one look at you and just started crying. I kissed you several times as tears rolled down my cheeks, and I kept repeating to you "I love you. You're so beautiful."
When I looked at you, I couldn't help but feel blessed. I mean, I always feel blessed, but last night I actually got a chance to think about it. Just me and you, alone, with soft music playing in the background. I just couldn't help but think about how much you have blessed my life and how beautiful you are. I hope you always know how much you mean to me. No matter if you are 2 or 92, you will always be my baby.
I hope you always know that you mean the world to me. That you changed my world. That you have changed alot of people's lives. That you have changed alot of people's perspective about Down syndrome.
It seems like just a few short months ago that you were lying in a little bed in the hospital in the NICU, so tiny and fragile. It seems like only weeks ago that you were lying in a hospital bed, a big incision freshly cut on your tiny chest. Time flies by so fast. 2 years. 2 years since my life forever changed. 2 years since I set eyes on the most beautiful baby I have ever seen in my life. 2 years since you changed my perspective about Down syndrome. 2 years since I saw your face for the first time, and knew right away that you had Down syndrome, yet didn't care at all because you were here.....and you were alive.
Last night, I babysat you, Nunna, and Brother while Mommy and Daddy went out for their anniversary. I ran upstairs to give you a bath. Me and you laughed and talked as music played from the radio in the background. I bathed you, and took you out of the tub. The song "Never Alone" by BarlowGirl came on the radio as I set you on the bed to dry you off. I took one look at you and just started crying. I kissed you several times as tears rolled down my cheeks, and I kept repeating to you "I love you. You're so beautiful."
When I looked at you, I couldn't help but feel blessed. I mean, I always feel blessed, but last night I actually got a chance to think about it. Just me and you, alone, with soft music playing in the background. I just couldn't help but think about how much you have blessed my life and how beautiful you are. I hope you always know how much you mean to me. No matter if you are 2 or 92, you will always be my baby.
I hope you always know that you mean the world to me. That you changed my world. That you have changed alot of people's lives. That you have changed alot of people's perspective about Down syndrome.
One day, Mommy and Daddy were going around the neighborhood telling our neighbors Autumn's story to see if anyone wanted to donate to her adoption fund. They came to one house, and the lady at the door listened as Mommy and Daddy told them our story. She acted distracted and busy. She saw Grandma in the distance holding you, and she asked Daddy to go get you so she could see you. So, Daddy grabbed you, and let her see you. She looked at you and started crying. She was telling Mommy and Daddy that you were so beautiful. She told them that should would be by later to donate some money to Autumn. Several days later, she showed up at our house. She handed Mommy a handful of money, and told us to keep it all. She looked at you, and started crying again and hugged Mommy and Grandma and started saying, again, how beautiful you are.
$155. That's how much this lady gave us to help us bring Autumn home. All because she saw you, and you touched her heart. Baby, don't EVER let anyone tell you that you don't mean anything. Don't ever let them tell you you're not beautiful. Don't ever believe that you are not a blessing. You are nothing short of a miracle.
I love you to the moon and back 1,000 times x 10!
Love,
Sissy





4 comments:
Beautiful girl, beautiful pictures, beautiful heart of big sister! Shows up on the feed now :)
The blog looks fantastic Ash!! Showed up in my news feed :)
Hi Ashley,
My name is Christina and I am writing you from Vancouver, British Columbia. Yes---Canada! And no we are not all eskimos but it IS really cold here already. I have NO idea how I found your blog...probably just a long, convoluted trail of clicks and twists of fate, but I am super glad I did. Well done for writing these letters to your sisters. I, too, have sisters that are significantly younger than me and I totally remember looking at them and crying when they were little. I know it will mean so much to them to know that you took the time to do this. I can't afford to donate money to Autumn but I will be praying for you guys and looking forward to reading all about the day she comes home! NO pressure to go to my blog, but if you want to know more about me it's christinachantal.com. It's a blog on recovery from bulimia. Anyways, I won't take more of your time but I do want to say that you are touching the world and most likely more people than you even know.
Bless you, girl. Seriously.
~Christina
Seems to be working now! I got all your posts from your old blog and the new ones. :)
Post a Comment