As the days go by, I find myself longing for you to be home more and more. I see a shirt out that has something on it from your country or I see people speak of the "Autumn" time and it all makes me think of you. As me and mommy were sitting in the bathroom today, getting Laura ready for church, I couldn't help but think about how it's going to be when you get home. Laura sat there in front of me, and I tried to picture how it's going to be like when you are sitting there right next to her. You both have blue eyes and red hair, and you are almost the same age. Will you be smaller than her? Bigger than her? Will you look enough alike that people will mistake you as twins? I am so anxious for you to be home. For the wait to be over. For you to be here with your family who has not yet met you, but already loves you more than ever. For you to be free from that orphanage....forever. My arms ache for you. My heart longs for you. I wonder how the people in your orphanage are treating you. Are you loved? Are you fed well? Do you get attention? Are you...lonely? Thinking of all of these things breaks my heart. I just want to know that you are okay and safe and loved. I know that I will never feel complete peace, though, until you are home with us.
In a few hours, Paisley, an orphan from the same region you're in, will be meeting her mommy and daddy for the first time. You might be in the same orphanage as her. Her mommy promised us that she would keep an eye out for you for us. If you're there, guess what? We will get to see new pictures of you! Just the thought of that happening makes me want to cry. I just want to see you, my baby sister, so very badly.
Tomorrow, we begin a giveaway for you. I pray that the Lord will bless this giveaway, and that it will help remove some of the financial barrier that is keeping us from you.
Even though you are thousands of miles away from me, I pray that you know how much I love you. I know that even though I can not be with you right now, God is loving on you for me until I can be. I hope you feel that, sweet girl.
Loving you from the other side of the world,
Your soon-to-be Sissy
In a few hours, Paisley, an orphan from the same region you're in, will be meeting her mommy and daddy for the first time. You might be in the same orphanage as her. Her mommy promised us that she would keep an eye out for you for us. If you're there, guess what? We will get to see new pictures of you! Just the thought of that happening makes me want to cry. I just want to see you, my baby sister, so very badly.
Tomorrow, we begin a giveaway for you. I pray that the Lord will bless this giveaway, and that it will help remove some of the financial barrier that is keeping us from you.
Even though you are thousands of miles away from me, I pray that you know how much I love you. I know that even though I can not be with you right now, God is loving on you for me until I can be. I hope you feel that, sweet girl.
Loving you from the other side of the world,
Your soon-to-be Sissy
No comments:
Post a Comment