Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Waiting...

Dear Auttie,
I have so many mixed emotions right now. As I was looking at your picture today, I felt like crying. The emotions I was feeling were half happy and half sad. Happy because I know that you are going to be ours soon, but sad because I miss you so very much. I've been asked before how I can miss someone I've never met, but I can't really explain it. I just do. I miss you in the same way I'd miss Laura if someone took her right now and shipped her to Eastern Europe, and I had to stay here. I see all of these families that are bringing their babies home and getting to visit their babies for the first time, and I stop and think "When us?". I know that we have been going through this process for only a short couple months, but I still can't help but think that. I am SO happy for these families and their babies, but it makes me long for the day that Mommy and Daddy will travel to your country and visit you for the first time. It makes me long for the day that they will break you out of that lonely orphanage for good and you will forever be ours. It makes me long for the day that we will travel to the airport to welcome you, Mommy, and Daddy home, and I will get to wrap my arms around you and kiss you for the first time.
I feel so helpless when I think about the finances. I wish there was something I could do to bring you home. I know there are things that I can do to help, but I wish I could somehow get every penny that we need right now. I see these families getting so much help with their adoptions (and once again, I am SO happy for them), but I'm sitting here feeling somewhat alone. I want nothing more than to get you home where you belong, but I feel like there are only a few besides us that are wanting the same thing. I am SO thankful for those that are trying to help us, and I know that God will provide what we can't raise. They say it takes a village to raise a child.....I'm starting to think that it must take a village to bring one home, as well haha We are fighting for you, baby girl. Whether alone or with the help of a village, we WILL bring you home. God will bring you home. All in His timing.....

Sending kisses across the ocean to you,
Your soon-to-be Sissy

1 comment:

Shauna said...

we're part of the village!