It's happened. Reality has set in. We have been in the process of adopting you for about less than 2 months, and things have suddenly hit me. The money. Where is it going to come from? We are struggling now as we try to raise the funds for the homestudy. We needed $1,600 more than we already had to get started. We need the full amount SOON. Last time that we had a yard sale, we made $1,300 so we thought that having a yard sale again would do the trick! We gathered more donated items, and had another yard sale yesterday and then again today. We made about half of what we made last time which means that we still need $900 for the homestudy. I was sitting here thinking to myself, "If we are struggling to get to $3,200, then how will we ever get to $28,000?". Then, I stop myself. $28,000 is a big number, but MY GOD is even bigger. I know that God would not give you to us just to take you away from us. I KNOW that you belong with us, so I know that God will provide the funds, no matter what. I've seen miracles happen. I know that God will work many miracles through this time. He will move mountains to get you home to us....where you belong. And as for me, I will FIGHT for you for as long as I need to. I love you more than you will ever know, and if you were coming home tomorrow, that still wouldn't be soon enough. I miss you ever so much, my sweet baby sister. Even though I have yet to meet you.
Trusting in God to bring you home,
Your soon-to-be Sissy
1 comment:
Praying for your family & Autumn...may God bless your funding over and beyond your expectations! I understand your disappointment from the yard sale...my friend & I are trying to raise money for Celine & Cora Lynne's grant funds. We had 2 back to back yard sales(4 days altogether), and we came up with a grand total of about $800. I thought, $1/item, we can easily make $1000, right?! Well, something is better than nothing! Thank you, Lord! Now we're back to brainstorming. Have you heard of a card called Samaritanfundraising.com? It's for Christian groups & works like the Entertainment books, except you get discounts at all kinds of stores: eg. Target, Walmart, etc. Check out their website! I'm praying this is a new path to follow...we'll see! Keep up the good work!
Post a Comment