Dear Laura,
Tinkerbell has always been my favorite "cartoon character" for as long as I can remember. The famous saying that goes along with Tinkerbell is "Faith, trust, and pixie dust". When I was thinking of a title for this post, that is one of the first things that popped into my head because that is what I wanted to write to you about today(minus the pixie dust haha). Faith and trust.....
Several days ago, you had an Upper GI because you have been spitting up the past 5 months, but really started spitting up ALOT the past few weeks. The reason it took so long for them to get you this Upper GI is because your pediatrician kept excusing the problem as Acid Reflux or allergies. He gave you all sorts of medicines, but nothing worked. We were hoping that they wouldn't find a blockage or anything in the Uppser GI, and we were hoping to get the problem solved once and for all!
Well, the scan revealed that you have something called "Midgut Malrotation". Basically it means that parts of your intestines that are supposed to be attached to the sides are floating freely. This is a problem because the two disconnected parts can twist together, cutting off the blood supply to your intestines...which could cause big problems...
We saw the surgeon two days ago, and he said that you were apparently born with this. This kind of problem forms at 8-12 weeks gestation. Do you know what that means? That means that God has been keeping you very safe for the past 15 months :) But, now that we know about this problem, it has to be fixed. The only way it can be fixed is through surgery
:( So soon you will once again receive surgery.....
And this is where faith and trust come in. This surgery scares me. Not because it is a major procedure. Not beause it is risky. Just because I don't want you to have to go through surgery. I don't want you to be put under, and to be put in the way of any kind of danger.
...This is when I need to step back and let go. I need to have faith in God and trust that He will take care of you. He has brought you through so much already, and I have no doubt in my mind that he will bring you through this surgery as well. And do you know what? You will have a better, healthier life because of it....
I love you to the moon and back 1,000 times x 10!
Love,
Sissy


6 comments:
Darn, why do our kids get so much thrown in their path? I can only say because they smile through everything, even the painful. Praying for a smooth surgery!
Lots of prayers, good thoughts, and LOADS of pixie dust to you both for a safe surgery!
We prayed for her during our church service.. I am so sorry that Laura and your family had to go through surgery again. My sister has Cerebral Palsy and she had to go through a ton of surgeries as a child and teen on her legs. I don't really remember much because I am 13 years younger, but my mom said it was really hard on her. I am so sorry for you guys and will pray. We love you lots and were so happy to meet your family.
Love Naomi
Ashley- I am reading this post to my oldest daughter Sofia. I have been sharing with her all about what you are doing as a big sister to Laura. You are such an inspirational young lady. We will be praying for Laura and you and your family during this time. xoxo
I stole your button by the way!!
First I have to say your photography is amazing! Second, will be praying for Laura.
Post a Comment