Saturday, May 19, 2012

Overwhelmed With Love

Dear Laura,
It's late at night right now. I have had this letter on my mind all night, and the last few days, so I had to write it to you. 
The love that I feel for you overwhelms me. I feel a love for you that I feel for no one else. I have this special kind of love for you that I have never felt for anybody else. I can't even put a name to this kind of love because it is just so indescribable. I often catch myself just watching you, smiling at you, taking in your every move. I have felt this way from the time that you were born. I feel this certain kind of love for you that makes me so overwhelmed with love that I sometimes catch myself on the verge of crying because I just love you so much. When you were very, very little, I would watch the gentle way that you would clench your tiny hands into a loose fist, and you would just stare at your hand for a long time. I would watch the sweet way that you would just lay on the floor on your blanket and gently kick your little legs. I would watch the way that you would innocently stick that little tongue of yours out.....and I would just feel overwhelmed with love. I thought that maybe I felt that way because you were tiny and new. Do you know what? That feeling never went away. Over 2 1/2 years later, I still feel that way. Sometimes even more than I used to. I watch the way that you cuddle with our brothers. I feel the way that you wrap your arms gently around my neck to hug me. I watch the way that you pretend to have a tea party with me.........and I feel overwhelmed with love. I was spending some time with you tonight, and we were watching little Tinkerbell videos on my iPhone in the car. You watched with eyes wide, amazed. The innocence I saw in your eyes as you set your eyes on that little screen made me just sit there and watch you. You took the phone from my hands, and you watched Tinkerbell even more closely than before. You tapped the screen with your tiny finger every once in a while to see what it would do, and you would giggle at certain parts of the video. As I watched you, I had to keep from crying. I just love you so much. Everything that you do makes me proud. Everything that you do makes me love you even more. Even when you decided to fling my phone our of your hands and let it slam into the van door ;) I was so content with just being with you that I didn't even care. You are the light of my world. I know I have said this 100 times (at least), but I honestly don't know what I would do without you. You have showed me that is is possible to love someone in a way that I never knew possible.


I love you to the moon and back 1,000 times x 10!

Love,
Sissy

3 comments:

Jenna said...

You are both beautiful! And I can't wait to see Autumn in the picture too![: Her jar is starting to fill up![:

Anonymous said...

She is just beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

Aw you are going to be a big influence in her life(as you already are) watching babies grow and building a bond with them with love is a huge blessing and priceless experience to have <3