Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Happy Metcha Day/ 7 Months Home

Dear Kamdyn,
One year ago today, Mommy and Daddy met you for the first time. That day, my life changed. For months and months, I prayed for you and longed for you. Even though I didn't know at the time that it was YOU that I was praying for and longing for. All along, I thought it was Autumn. From the moment that I saw that Mommy had sent me an email that I knew held a picture of you, my hands starting shaking with excitement, and my heart started beating fast. The moment I saw the photo, I fell in love with you. Your pretty blonde hair, gorgeous blue eyes, and that sweet smile. All of it.
Today is not only your Metcha Day, but today also marks 7 months of you being home. I can't believe how fast these months are flying by. You bring me, and our whole family, so much joy. I am so glad that God chose for you to be ours. Your life is not only better by being in a family, being loved, but my life has become better by you being in it. I love you so much, and I thank God for you.

Look how far you've come....

I love you so much, sweet girl!

Love, 
Sissy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I love hearing about your sisters. They are soo cute! Do you have any updates on your engagement? Have you set a date yet?

Thanks:)

jody lynn said...

This is one lucky girl!!! I wish all orphans could be so lucky, but your family has set such a remarkable example of love. Great to hear about Metcha Day!