Thursday, August 15, 2013

It's been a while....

Dear Laura and Kami,
I am so sorry that I have not written a letter to either of you in such a long time. Life has been crazy, and time keeps flying by so fast. I know that shouldn't be an excuse, but time keeps getting away from me.


David hit his head hard on the pool a few weeks ago which scared the life out of me. Then, a day later, Mommy and I got into a pretty bad car accident that totaled Bubba's car (It wasn't Mommy's fault. Someone pulled out in front of us too fast for us to avoid them). Then, 2 days later, David started getting really dizzy, and we found out that he had Vertigo that lasted for at least a week. Then, we moved into our new home. Then, not too long after we moved into our new home, I took a pretty good fall down the stairs.


See? Life has been crazy lately! Enough about that, though. Onto you two ;)


Both of you are getting so big, and I love watching you grow and learn. You are already 2 1/2, Kami. I can't believe it. You were still 1 when we brought you home, and even though it's only been almost 7 months since you came home, you have very much become a toddler and no longer a baby. You have learned so much, and you never cease to amaze me with how smart you are. You have learned so many signs, and you picked up English while we were still in Russia. You have gone from not walking at all to being able to now walk across the room and all over without any problem at all.


You have come so far since coming home. I see pictures of the day that we took you out of that Russian orphanage, and I have a hard time believing that you are the same little girl that I see in those pictures. You have lost your baby fat, and you no longer need to be fed baby food and rice cereal or oatmeal. You are a big girl now. No longer that baby we brought to America.


You will be 4 in just a couple of months, Laura. I can't believe it. It seems like we just found out Mommy was pregnant with you, and now you are almost 4. It seems impossible. You grow funnier and funnier everyday, and your personality is the first thing that most people notice about you (Besides that gorgeous hair of yours!). You constantly make me laugh, and I am positive that you will grow up to be a comedian. You have so much spunk, and you are so sassy. Not only do you have an amazing personality, but you are one smart cookie. You know SO many signs, and you have no problem letting us know exactly what you want. You have said a couple of words here and there, but you are just now really starting to say words and consistently say them. You are such a big girl now.


You two are best friends, and even though you hit eachother sometimes, I know that you will always be there for eachother. Even if there are other kids and babies around, I will look for you two, and you will always be playing with eachother and sticking by eachothers' side.


The love you two have for eachother makes me melt. I don't know quite how to explain the sweet, sweet relationship you have with eachother. It's just so.....


......amazing. You two were so meant to be sisters.


There is no denying the fact. I know that you two will always be best friends, and that you will always be there for eachother. Will you always get along? No way. Will you always love eachother? I'm sure of it.


I love you both so much, and as Bubba and I were talking about today, I don't know what I would do without the two of you in my life. You make my bad days good. You make my gray skies sunny.


I don't know how people go through life without a Laura and Kami in their life. It just seem possible to me that anyone could be happy without knowing the two of you. You two are the light of my world.


I love you both to the moon and back 1,000 times x 10!

Love,
Sissy

1 comment:

Carol Greenstein said...

Oh, the photos are heartwarming , what gorgeous little girls they are!