It's officially fall. The leaves are changing from green to orange, brown, yellow, and red. The air is getting cooler, and I can't go outside at night anymore without needing to wear a jacket. I'm putting away my flip flops and bringing out my boots again.
Fall is a season of change. Not only in the weather, but for this precious blog of mine as well. I've been thinking lately how much my life and the lives of my family no longer revolve around Down syndrome. Our lives no longer revolve around adoption. Now, our lives are just.... normal.
The open heart surgery is long over with. The intestinal surgery is done. The adoption paperwork is gone. The three trips to Russia have come and gone. It's all....over.
I've been thinking lately that I need to change my blog to go along with all of the changes going on in our lives. I will still use this blog to occasionally write letters to Laura and Kamdyn, but I want this blog to be more than just that. I want this blog to be a reflection of every part of my life and of Laura and Kamdyn's lives. I don't want this blog to just revolve around Down syndrome and adoption because those things are no longer a "big deal" anymore.
I want this blog to really reflect our day to day life. I want to use this blog to advocate for orphans, to share pictures of the fun times we have at Disneyland, to write about the silly things my little siblings do, to help you get to know me and my whole family better, or whatever else I want to share with you all.
Along with the change in content will come a new blog name. I am not sure as of right now what to rename this blog, but I am thinking hard about it.
I know how much all of you LOVE to read about the girls, so fear not! This blog will still be filled with plenty of pictures and stories of them because they are such a HUGE part of my life. I will be making an effort to blog even more than I did before, so you will see them now more than ever :)
I hope you guys still choose to follow along on our journey! The change will be for the better.... I promise!
So, won't you follow along? It will be great :)
Love,
Ashley
Fall is a season of change. Not only in the weather, but for this precious blog of mine as well. I've been thinking lately how much my life and the lives of my family no longer revolve around Down syndrome. Our lives no longer revolve around adoption. Now, our lives are just.... normal.
The open heart surgery is long over with. The intestinal surgery is done. The adoption paperwork is gone. The three trips to Russia have come and gone. It's all....over.
I've been thinking lately that I need to change my blog to go along with all of the changes going on in our lives. I will still use this blog to occasionally write letters to Laura and Kamdyn, but I want this blog to be more than just that. I want this blog to be a reflection of every part of my life and of Laura and Kamdyn's lives. I don't want this blog to just revolve around Down syndrome and adoption because those things are no longer a "big deal" anymore.
I want this blog to really reflect our day to day life. I want to use this blog to advocate for orphans, to share pictures of the fun times we have at Disneyland, to write about the silly things my little siblings do, to help you get to know me and my whole family better, or whatever else I want to share with you all.
Along with the change in content will come a new blog name. I am not sure as of right now what to rename this blog, but I am thinking hard about it.
I know how much all of you LOVE to read about the girls, so fear not! This blog will still be filled with plenty of pictures and stories of them because they are such a HUGE part of my life. I will be making an effort to blog even more than I did before, so you will see them now more than ever :)
I hope you guys still choose to follow along on our journey! The change will be for the better.... I promise!
So, won't you follow along? It will be great :)
Love,
Ashley
2 comments:
Nice Ashley!
Can't wait to follow!
Post a Comment