Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Two

Dear Kamdyn,
Today, you turn 2 years old. Normally, a child's first birthday is the most celebrated, but in your case, your second birthday is the most celebrated because this is your first birthday you won't be alone. I am so thankful that we get to love you on this birthday, and every birthday that you will have for the rest of your life. I can't imagine what your biological parents must be feeling today. We don't know if they gave you up because they just plainly didn't want you or because they were scared to keep you, but we do know that they signed over their rights when you were just 3 days old. It hurts my heart to think about how they might be feeling today. Are they missing you? Do they regret giving you up? Do they wonder where you are today on your second birthday?

 

I am so thankful that you are with us, your family, today. It makes me sad that we missed almost 2 years of your life, but I am so thankful that you have us now to love you forever and always. I couldn't imagine my life without you. I am so beyond blessed to call you my sister. I love you so much, precious girl. Happy 2nd Birthday!


Love,
Sissy
 

1 comment:

jody lynn said...

I love reading your accounts of your sisters....truly inspirational. I can't imagine this beautiful child withering away in an orphanage. it is a miracle she made it out to a loving family.