Dear Autumn,
This is a letter I never thought I would write to you. This is a letter that I do not want to write to you. My heart is aching and broken as I type this. Today, your biological family picked you up from your orphanage and took you home to live with them. I am happy that you have a family now to care for you, but I am so sad because I wanted us to be your family. I miss you so much, and I will forever. I will never know what it feels like to hold you in my arms. I will never know what it feels like to kiss your rosy cheeks. In my heart, you are still my sister. You always will be. Forever and ever. I wish there was some way to let you know that I love you. I have loved you since the moment that I laid eyes on you almost 15 months ago. I have prayed for you the past 14 months. I have longed for you, loved you, and missed you for the past 14 months. I love you so much, Autumn Brooke. Even though you may never know that. I miss you dearly, and I always will. I pray that your family is loving you and taking care of you just as much as we would have if we would have been given the chance.
I love you more than words could ever express, my precious baby sister.
Love,
Your forever Sissy
5 comments:
She will always know and feel your uniting love in spirit. Our paths are twisted and tough, be strong when you are ready again and love always and again.
I'm so sorry this is happening to you guys.
I'm confused though... if she really was legally available for adoption, parental rights would have been terminated. If their rights were indeed terminated, they can't just show up at the baby home to take her. There is a process they have to go through to regain their rights. So I guess the question is whether or not she was really ever available. Such a shame for this to happen again to another family. :(
Ashley, you know I'm praying for your family. Love you guys so much.
And to the commenter above: it is not so simple as you stated, unfortunately. Even here in America the adoptive process is long, complicated and unpredictable. We know from first hand experience- just last month as a matter of fact. This is the risk you take in entering into something so complex as parenting - at any level, including giving birth to your own child. There are what-if's, uncertainties and no guarantees. It is not a shame, in my opinion - it is part of life. We take risks for the things we hold most dearly, and in the end it IS worth it.
I'm really sorry to read this... and though I hope that her bio family has realized the treasure she is and will love her and provide for her, I do know that you all already considered her a part of your family. And that she can't come home with you is so difficult.
So sorry for your family, and praying Autumn is beginning a new wonderful chapter with her family.
for anonymous, i'm sure the rules differ based on the country
Post a Comment