Friday, June 24, 2011

Our little bloggy is 1!

Dear Laura,
Can you believe it? It's been ONE year since I've started writing these letters to you! You were only 8 monhts old, then....so tiny and fragile. You were barely even able to sit up on your own.




Sometimes, I'll go back and look at old posts. It's so amazing to see how far you've come since then....how far I'VE come since then. We have done alot of growing together, baby girl.




You will be 2 in October, and whenever I think about that fact, it almost seems unbelievable. It seems like we were just sitting in that ultrasound room, when Mommy was 13 weeks pregnant with you, finding out that you might have Down syndrome; and, now, here you are almost 2 years old.




Where does the time go, Laura? I remember when me and Bubba were younger, we would see people that had known us since we were babies, and they would always comment to Mommy and Daddy about how "It seems like they were just babies". I would always laugh and think that they were silly. To me, it seemed like forever ago since I was a baby, so I thought that they were exaggerating.




Since Nunu's birth, I don't think that they're silly anymore. I know that when they say that, it's the complete truth. I say it about you all of the time. I'm sure when you get a little older, you, too, will think I'm being silly and just over-exaggerating. Then, you will have nieces and nephews, and realize what I have come to realize.....little ones grow up way too fast.




Right now, it is my job to take things as slow as I can. When Nunu and brother were born, I always tried to rush them growing up because I couldn't wait to see them reach their next milestone. It was all so exciting for me. With you, I don't rush anything.




Every milestone is a miracle. I mean, it is for every baby, but with you, it's different. I have never found myself wanting you to grow up faster. I have never hoped that you would hurry up and reach certain milestones. I have just simply enjoyed you.





You are so smart, Laura bug. You continue to amaze me everyday.




You are walking assisted, now, and you are so good at it! Your little legs are getting stronger and stronger everyday. You pull up on furniture and anything else you can get your chubby, little hands one.




You have also started letting go of whatever you are holding onto, and you will stand for a few seconds, unassisted. You better believe that you have all of us cheering and clapping for those few seconds.




You are quite the little "signer", too! You now sign "ball", "more", "baby", "night night", "so big", and "dog". You also smack your lips if we ask you if you want to eat. It's so cute!




You know how to climb up on stairs now, too! You also drink from a cup AND a straw now. Goodness, girl, you are smart :)




One thing that hasn't changed since I've started writing these letters to you? I am still head-over-heels madly in love with you, baby.




That will never, ever change. You are my sunshine. My hero. My beautiful, warrior princess.






P.S. I will be revealing some VERY exciting news to our bloggy friends by this weekend!

I love you to the moon and back 1,000 times x 10!

Love,
Sissy

3 comments:

donnajean said...

I love reading your blogs, Ashley! You are an amazing writer, and little Laura is so lucky to have you as a role model and big sister! Love you both bunches! <3

JC said...

Sounds like Laura is doing great!! Love your Posts Ash!

Anna Theurer said...

Ashley, your sister is absolutely gorgeous. You are an amazing writer. It is a beautiful gift and enjoy your blog (just starting reading, but I cannot stop!)