Dear Laura,
I have not written to you in a while, and I am sorry about that :( I hope you will forgive me! Life has been crazy with preparing for Christmas and all. I know I have said this before, but I really am going to try to write to you more often. Not because I feel like I HAVE to, but because I want to :) Christmas came and went so fast. There was so much enjoyment seeing you open your presents and it was exciting to see the delight that all the wrapping paper and boxes brought you.
You are growing so fast. You are over 14 month old now, and I wonder where all the time went. Wasn't it just yesterday that you came into this world, pink and screaming?
14 months. 14 beautiful months. The best 14 months of my life
I'm not sure how one person, so tiny and little, can bring so much joy into someone's life, but you have managed to bring an unmeasurable amount of joy into my life. God knew that I needed you. He knew that we needed eachother. I will NEVER stop needing you, and I hope that you will never stop needing me.
You are my sunshine on a cloudy day. You are my girl. My bug. You are my beautiful, sweet, funny, wonderful, amazing, perfect Laura. Did you know that I asked God for you for a very long time? Since I was 8 years old( I am 18 now), I asked God for a baby sister. I longed for one. But all along, I had no idea that I was praying for you. I had no idea that God was waiting for just the right time to bring you into my life. I had no idea that God would one day send me the most precious gift: a 7 lb. 8 oz. almond eyed girl.
I had no idea that God would use Down syndrome to change my life. I didn't know that something that at one time brought me tears and heartbreak, would one day bring me great joy. Because I know that you having Down syndrome doesn't make you "different", it makes you unique. It makes you beautiful....
Do you know that I love you? Do you know that I will always love you? I hope that you do because I will love you until I take my last breath.
I am sitting here now with tears filling my eyes because you bring me such joy. You make my life beautiful and whole.
I love you to the moon and back 1,000 times x 10.
With all of my heart....
Love,
Sissy







4 comments:
You made me cry! beautiful Ashley, and wonderful pictures too!
Very beautiful Ashley, I have missed you posts :)
Can I use one of these (or a different one) pictures for my video I am making? I decided I wanted to make a video like you did with children that were born with Down Syndrome (and other special needs) So I wanted to have your BEAUTIFUL litte sister Laura in the video =) You can email me at savingtheorphans@aim.com =)
Ashley, that was the sweetest post I've ever read! Your Baby sister is so BEAUTIFUL! She is PERFECT!
One of the cutest babies I've ever seen! :)
Post a Comment