Thursday, August 20, 2015

Love at first sight

Dear Kami,
Today is August 20th. Do you know what that means? That means it's been 3 years today since mommy and daddy met you for the first time.



How is that even possible? It seems like just a few short months ago that I sat awake late at night waiting for mommy and daddy to Skype me to let me know that they had met you. The excitement in our home was extreme as we all waited anxiously for mommy to email us a picture of you. The only picture we had ever seen of you up until that point was an outdated one that the adoption agency sent us.

After losing Autumn, I didn't know if I would ever be able to fall in love with another little, Russian girl. My heart had broken to the point that I didn't even know if it would be possible. But the moment mommy emailed me that picture, and I opened the file, I knew that it was possible. Because in that moment, I fell in love with you instantly.


The moment I saw your picture, I knew everything was going to be okay. I knew that I already loved you. I knew that I would do whatever it took to get you home. I knew that you were meant to be my baby sister.

Now, here we are.... Three years later. We have all come a long way in these last three years. Especially you, my dear.



You have gone from an 18 month old baby who would tire easily from simple tasks to a silly, extremely active 4 year old. You have gone from a baby who would be spoon fed liquid as fast as possible to a big girl who can feed herself. You have gone from a baby who would choke on anything with the littlest bit chunk to it to being able to eat a cheeseburger with no problem. You have gone from a scared, little baby to a strong-willed, sassy, spunky, sweet girl.

You are so loved, sweet girl. I could never imagine my life without you. God makes beauty from ashes. If someone ever doubts that, I will tell them the story of you. You are a beautiful masterpiece, and I can't wait to continue to watch you blossom.

I love you so very much!

Love,
Sissy

No comments: