Saturday, October 19, 2013

A New Attitude

Last night, my mom and I were looking through old pictures. Pictures from before Kamdyn came home, and pictures from right after she came home. As we sifted through the pictures, my mom kept saying "Kamdyn looks so sad in this picture" or "Kamdyn looks so sad in that picture". I took notice right away what she was talking about. In most of the pictures from when Kami first got home to even a month or so later, she just doesn't look happy. 


Even though she smiled in some of the pictures, the smile didn't quite reach her eyes. Her eyes still looked sad.


Through this time, we thought that Kamdyn was just that way. We thought that she was just naturally calm and shy. We thought she was just very mellow and didn't have very much personality.


As time went on, I guess we got used to the way Kami is now. We got used to her being funny and talkative, sweet and sassy. I guess as time passed, we just forgot how she used to be and just got so used to how she is now.

I forgot.

I forgot how sad her eyes used to look. I forgot how quiet she used to be and how mellow she was. I forgot how sensitive she was. I forgot how unhappy she used to seem.


As we sorted through those pictures last night, it hit me. It really hit me about how much Kamdyn has changed. How far she's come. She has gone from being this shy girl with sad eyes to this spunky, sassy girl with eyes full of life.


Her smile is different now. It reaches her eyes. When I look at her and smile, she smiles back at me, and I can just see the love in her eyes. I can see the happiness in her eyes. She has come so far, and I love her new attitude. I have loved watching her come out of her shell. I just can't believe how much she has changed. She is a different little girl than she was 9 months ago.


This little girl is so loved and so, so happy. I am so thankful for her. God has blessed us with such a beautiful gift in her.

1 comment:

jody lynn said...

This was an amazing post....you have to wonder what was going thru her little mind as she worked her way into your family. Thanks for sharing this, so happy for you all.