Dear Laura,
Tomorrow is World Down Syndrome Day. I was going to post this tomorrow, but I have a busy day ahead of me because World Down Syndrome Day also happens to be my birthday :)
Because of Down syndrome, you have been through alot in your life. You have been through open heart surgery, intestinal surgery, hospital visits and stays, etc. Not only have you endured hard things medically, but you have also had people treat you unkindly just because they think you are different.
When I look at you, do you want to know what I see?
I see eyes that are bluer than the ocean, and a smile that could light up the world.
I see a two and a half year old who is still the size of a one year old.
I see a sassy little girl who has more attitude than any teenager that I have ever met hehe
I see two tiny, precious, bent pinkies (and you have me wrapped around both of them) :)
I see a sweet face filled with beauty.
I see someone who will do whatever she wants in life.....because you are able.
I see a little girl who loves crackers and will sign "cracker" over and over again until you get one.
I see a precious daughter of the King.
I see innocent eyes looking back at me.... and looking up to me.
I see the most beautiful creation of God that I have ever laid eyes on.
I see gentleness and love.
I see unconditional love.
I see a warrior who has been through more than you should ever have had to go through.
I see a dancer.
I see a future ballet student.
I see a cute little button nose and round, chubby cheeks.
I see someone who has changed my life forever.
I see God when I look at you.
Because I know that only God could make someone as perfect as you.
I love you so much, sweetheart.
To the moon and back 1,000 times x 10!
Love,
Sissy



.jpg)

.jpg)
.jpg)




3 comments:
This is lovely! Thank you for sharing!
You always write the most beautiful things Ashley. And I cannot believe how grown up Miss Laura is looking these days! What a beauty she is :)
What a beautiful perfect little girl! And she is very blessed with a big sister who loves her so very much!! Loved your post!
Post a Comment