After over three months of neglecting this poor little blog, I decided that it was time to start writing to you again. I've missed it so very much. There is so much to write about so I will try to sum it all up into one letter....we'll see how that goes ;)
We have been so busy lately, and lots has been going on. So, I will start from the beginning(well, sort of). At the end of March, we celebrated Brother's 4th birthday party. His birthday is towards the beginning of March, but the party was so delayed because everyone kept getting sick so we had to keep changing the date over and over and over and....well, you get the picture. You had so much fun because there was a.....bounce house! It was so fun watching you enjoy it.
You had so much fun sitting in there and having everyone bounce around you. I honestly think that it comforted you a bit because of the bouncing motion and the sound of the machine that was keeping it inflated. Me, you, and Mommy stayed in there for a while, just the three of us, taking pictures and relaxing.
In the weeks following Brother's party, not much exciting happened. We pretty much stayed home, spending time as a family. You did learn how to do something exciting though....You, little miss, learned how to sign "ball" :)
Me and you spent quality time together. Oh, how I love having your little body cuddled against me as you sleep.....
Also, a few days before Easter, we went Easter dress shopping to find you a pretty dress.
Then, finally, Easter approached. Easter fell on the 24th of April.....the day before your surgery was set to take place. We spent the whole day just(Ha!) the 14 of us. It was a beautiful, sweet day. It was such a hard day for me though....I couldn't stop thinking about your upcoming surgery. While we were at church, I kept looking at you and I'd smile because you bring me soooo much happiness and joy, but, then, I would remember what was coming the next morning and tears would fill my eyes. I tried so hard to have a good day, baby girl, but it was so hard. At church, I couldn't help but wonder if you would still be with us the next Sunday. I know that sounds horrible, but surgeries are always scary....especially when the surgery is being performed on someone that means the world to you like you mean to me.
The next morning, we woke up bright and early. Your intestinal surgery was set to take place at about 7:30 a.m., but we had to be there two hours early.
I kissed you goodbye, once again, in the same waiting room that I kissed you goodbye in before your open heart surgery. And, as I did with your OHS, I sat in a chair after they took you back, and I let the tears fall. I know this all sounds so sad, baby, but I'm telling you this because it's the truth; and, because maybe it'll help you realize how much I love you. I knew that God was taking care of you, and I had faith that you would be ok. The emotions were still there, though. SO many people were praying for you. Kyle had all of Northeastern Pennsylvania praying for you, and I know that many, many others were praying for you as well. You are one LOVED little girl.
About an hour or so after your surgery, I got to go back and see you......
You looked so good for just having your intestines repaired, your appendix removed, and having tubes placed in your ears. You are such a fighter, my beautiful warrior princess.
The day after your surgery, I returned to the hospital to visit you, and to my surprise, you were wide awake and sitting up like no big deal! haha You amaze me, bug :) You had a catheter in your back to help with pain, but as soon as they removed it, you didn't need Tylenol or any other kind of pains meds.
Everyday that you were in the hospital, you got a little bit stronger.
The second day that you were there, you got a new little roommate. Her name is Bailey and she has Down syndrome, too! :) She's 3 years old, and she is sooo sweet. She was the perfect little roomie for you, and all of us enjoyed her company! Everytime we walked into or out of the room, she would wave, smile at us, and tell us "Hi". We all fell in love with her :)
After 6 days of being in the hospital, it was FINALLY time to go home! You were in such a good mood. I think you knew that we were getting ready to break you out of there ;)
This past Thurday, we went to cousin Corey's graduation. You looked beautiful, but you did not present the proper attitude of a lady during the ceremony ;)
You have been doing sooo many new things lately, and you are getting so big. You turn 19 months old tomorrow, and you are weighing in at almost 19 pounds now. You said your first words the other day, and I could not help but be so proud of you! MY baby sister said her first words at just 18 months old! I thought to myself "Down syndrome? What's that?" ;) Oh, in case you were wondering, "Thank you" were the words you gracefully presented to us. Oh, baby, you make me so proud!
Your legs are getting SO strong, and you have been pulling up on everything in sight. Including your crib. Mommy turned around the other day to find you like this...
Needless to say, Daddy lowered your bed right after that picture was taken. Well, baby girl, I think it's time to wrap this up. I PROMISE to write you more often from now on(yes, I've said that before, but I really mean it this time).
I love you to the moon and back 1,000 times x 10!
Love,
Sissy




















5 comments:
Love that little red-haired beauty! We want to play again soon!
So glad you were able to update! ahhh...she's just heartmelting!!!
A busy three months!! Loved this little update :) Beautiful pictures as always Ash :)
Great to have you back! Happy to hear surgery went well. What a big girl!
Glad to have you back! I've missed you and all the Laura pictures. :)
Post a Comment