Monday, June 28, 2010

For you, my sweetie bug

Dear Laura,
This blog started off as a blog for me. I wanted to have something to write down my thoughts at, but I ended up writing almost everything about you so I decided to turn this into "our" blog :) I love you, sweet baby girl. As I write this, you are sleeping peacefully in your playpen next to me. Bubba is talking to me, Brother & Nunu are playing, and Mommy & Daddy are outside, packing...preparing to move into our new home. I keep getting up from my seat to check on you, to make sure you are ok. I got that from mommy. With all of us, she would always check on us when we are sleeping to make sure we are ok. It's just a habit that grew on me :) The picture above I took of you. I asked mommy if I could have you, then I took you out to our backyard for a mini photoshoot. I love taking pictures of you. Even though I bet no one could tell considering I only have hundreds and hundreds of you ;) We went to a concert on Saturday, and we ran into this boy we know there...His name is Timothy and he has Down Syndrome too. Watching him, I just couldn't help but feel blessed. Blessed that God chose US to be your family. Everyday, you are the first person I want to see in the morning. When I'm not with you for even an hour, I miss you. When I kiss your face, you smile and get so calm. You love being kissed by all of us, and we love kissing you ;) Even if I am sad, I just can't help but smile when I look at you. You are the happiest little girl I know even though you have been through so much in your 8 months of life. You are so strong, baby. I love you more than I could ever put into words.

Love,
Sissy

No comments: