Monday, November 26, 2012

It takes a village

"Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves... defend the rights of the needy." Proverbs 31:8,9

In just 3 days, my parents leave America to fly across the ocean to go to court in Kamdyn's country to officially make her ours. 

This adoption has been a very, very long journey. So far, we have been in the process for about 17 months. Every second has been worth it. There were times when I would let the tears fall because I just wanted Autumn home so badly. There were times that we ran into road blocks, and we wondered if we would be able to continue on with this adoption. We kept reminding ourselves that if God wanted this adoption to happen then it would happen. Then, when we lost Autumn, I didn't know why God allowed us to lose her, but I knew that He had a plan. A big plan. Then, little Kami came into our lives and stole all of our hearts. We were still heartbroken that Autumn would no longer be ours, but we knew that Kamdyn would fill the hole in our hearts. She did, and now we are SO close to bringing her home to be with us forever. After all of this time, I now see the light at the end of the tunnel. 

Now, we are short on funds, and we don't have much more time left to fundraise. The last time my parents were in Kamdyn's country, God used me to raise over $3,000 for our adoption. I NEED to help my parents raise the rest of money that we need. I'm not exactly sure to the penny how much we need, but I know it's somewhere around $5,000. When my parents committed to adopting Autumn, I promised my mom that I would do anything that I could to help them bring my baby sister home. I need ideas. After almost 17 months of fundraising, you start running out of ways to raise money, people get tired of you asking them for money, and you are desperate for any help that you can get. So, I am asking you to help me come up with ways that I can fundraise. I am asking you to pray HARD that we get the funds that we need to bring Kami home. I am asking that if you can, please help us bring Kamdyn home by donating to our Family Sponsorship Page HERE (which is tax-deductible) or you can donate to the chip-in that I will post below. No matter what, though, I ask you to PLEASE pray! It takes a village to bring a child home. We can't do this alone. 

Thank you and love to you all!

Love,
Ashley


No comments: